Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Security (Re: [soa-rm] Definition of "ServiceConsumer")

Sorry I haven't had the time to follow these threads more closely,
but it seems to me that Duane addressed this earlier, to the effect
that this level of specificity is too concrete, although I don't
think that disqualifies Security writ large from consideration. My
opinion is that the RM needs to include a stipulation that if both
parties in an atomic transaction require some level of trust, then
that need for x level of Security needs to be expressible in whatever
form(s) of discovery we decide are sufficiently abstract to fit our
model.

It strikes me that the core nature of a Service-Oriented Architecture
lies in a transactional model in which a Service Provider or Service
Producer publishes a named set or container of a service or services,
the description of which is searchable by a Service Consumer
according to some set of features or criteria which our RM provides.

Even at a high level of abstraction, this will prove a test for us.

Ciao,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks