Subject: Re: [soa-rm] eCommerce definitions

More than 20 years ago, Tony Hoare go this one nailed down. In his book
Communicating Sequential Processes, he talks about a rendezvous between
processes, rather than sending messages. He correctly (IMO) identified
that the critical concept is one of two threads of activity coming to a
mutual understanding of a common event.

This is also a nice way of thinking about service consumers interacting
with a service -- a rendezvous is inherently more neutral than using  a
service, offering a service etc. etc.

Frank