Subject: Re: [soa-rm] eCommerce definitions

Francis McCabe wrote:

> More than 20 years ago, Tony Hoare go this one nailed down. In his
> book Communicating Sequential Processes, he talks about a rendezvous
> between processes, rather than sending messages. He correctly (IMO)
> identified that the critical concept is one of two threads of activity
> coming to a mutual understanding of a common event.
>
> This is also a nice way of thinking about service consumers
> interacting with a service -- a rendezvous is inherently more neutral
> than using  a service, offering a service etc. etc.

Trying to penetrate some of Hoares thinking I encountered the issues of
communicating nodes that are not connected directly or does not have
immediate access. An example is the case then a consumer communicated
through a number of service providrs to the service provider. In this
case the consumer may not meet directly ie. the putting culminates
before the getting even starts. Anoteh case is the issue of "streaming"
service such as audio.
Could you point me to where such cases are addressed using Hoares thinking?

Sofar I still got the feeling that act leading up to consent are still
important altough final rendezvous is an important event.

Best Regards
/Anders

////////////////////////////
/ Anders W. Tell           /
/ Financial Toolsmiths AB  /
/ <anderst@toolsmiths.se>  /
////////////////////////////

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

 This e-mail in its entirety, including any associated files, are
confidential and intended only for the addressee named above.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use of the information contained
within this email or attachments is strictly prohibited.

 The contents should not be disclosed to any other person nor copies
taken. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender
and do not necessarily represent those of Toolsmiths unless otherwise
specifically stated.

 As internet communications are not secure we do not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message nor responsibility for
any change made to this message after it was sent by the original
sender.

We advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment as we cannot accept liability for any indirect or
consequential damages sustained as a result of any software viruses.
If you have received this email in error, or if you are concerned with
the content of this email please notify Toolsmiths by sending e-mail
to us at: info@toolsmiths.se.