Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Architectural Scope of Reference Model

Francis:

Cool!  This is perhaps a place where using UML to avoid ambiguity may be
good.

If I read your diagram, it asserts that "realized as" implies an
"abstract-concrete" association.  I had viewed that the other concepts
are more of a "can be aggregated as part of" association.  My
observation is that usually the abstract-concrete association is often
used for mapping a specific protocol or specification to a concept in a
reference model or reference architecture.

I guess the question we need to consider is "what is the association
between the higher level abstract concept of metadata and specialized
metadata concepts?".

Anyone care to take a stab at this as a UML class diagram (or answering
the question)?

Cheers (and beers next week)

Duane

Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html