Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Architectural Scope of Reference Model

I am not sure what you mean by an abstract metadata class.

There is a real distinction between metadata and contracts -- neither
is a specialization of the other (IMO). Think of human contracts: if
you sign a contract, and then accidentally pour some ink over the paper
that you signed; you still have a contract. All that the ink did was
destroy the representation of the contract.

This is what I meant earlier about UML -- it strongly encourages people
to think in terms of specialization. But that is not the only
relationship of interest.

Frank