Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Architectural Scope of Reference Model

I think one can have metadata about a contract or contracts as a
class, but I don't think contracts are metadata in themselves. Such
agreements ought to be distinct transactions/interactions, while the
concept of a contract is really nothing more than
published/advertised service with some metadata about it which a
service consumer can agree to or not. The agreement/contract is a
transaction/interaction that has several stages, each of which may or
may not have a need for metadata to be included in service
description, so I think the published service description is the
metadata, not the contract. Those stages may or may not include parts
for security measures, specific processes that may need
orchestration, and other components relevant to the particular
service.

I have no quibbles with the visio diagram that Duane submitted
yesterday, except that I don't happen to have visio, but I would
rename the Contract in Gregory's UML diagram to Service Description.
The contract only comes about later, when the wsdl bindings are
exchanged and validated ready to receive the service software
components, or engage the service remotely, or however the service is
configured to be consumed.

Ciao,
Rex

--