Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Opaqueness and Transactions

Diane

I disagree that a service could allow Java Classes as a parameter.  This
implies how the service is implemented.  Even if the service can
translate the Java Classes to some other model, it forces the service to
understand Java Classes.

Also, WS-BusinessActivity permits partial or "tentative" results to be
made available to the Coordination Service. There are times when partial
results are needed to synchronize services in a business activity.  IMO,
one of the major benefits of an SOA the ability to handle complex,
multi-service business activities.

I realize that these examples are concrete, but I believe that we must
validate our model against the specific concrete situations.

Don

--
Don Flinn
President, Flint Security LLC