Subject: Service Composition Dependency Exposure

Hi All,

Question:

Using the classic example of service A wants to call service B to fulfill its task, what if service B needs some data to fulfill its task that service A currently doesn't expose?

Solution Options:

1.	Service A can choose to expose the requirement for that data to be passed in (basically expanding the interface for service A)
2.	Service A can create the data to pass in to service B if the information is available.
3.	Service A can create or locate another service C to locate the data to pass into service B
4.	Service chooses not to use service B.

Does our RM dictate anything with respect to this scenario? Do we have a recommendation?

All comments welcome.

Wes