Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Architectural Scope of Reference Model

Yes, I can do that.  Yes, it also applies to a data model.  A data model
describes stuff as well, but it is also a "thing" that can be described
by metadata. (what kind of data model is it, what does it describe, when
was it created, etc.)

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services
425-965-0182 phone

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnickull@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 7:32 AM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R
Cc: Rex Brooks; Francis McCabe; Gregory A. Kohring; Ken Laskey;
soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

Kathryn:

Thank you - this clarification is very useful.  May I impose upon you to

take a look at the glossary definitions and add some comments if we
should make the changes?

I think this also justifies and answers one outstanding question that we

had on our position paper regarding whether or not the contract is part
of the metadata.  It appears that it is logically separate given this
definition.  The same question exists for data model.  Is a data model
conceptually part of a larger set of metadata that includes things like
semantics, policies (including security policies), etc.?

Duane