Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Comment: Section 2.1.1 Service Composition

I would assert that regardless of whether they knew or talked to each
other previously, if a specific service does not meet the needs of a
specific consumer, and the consumer wishes to change that, they will
need to discuss it (and possibly re-engineer things) to meet their needs
if they desire.  This does not assume any previous relationship.

Can someone from the editing team please clarify if 2.1.1 is open for
comments?  I thought we had agreed that it is not at present.

Duane

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> SECTION: 2.1.1 Service Composition
>
> LINE: 198
>
> TEXT: "Accordingly, the service provider and consumer should discuss
> and re engineer the service."
>
> COMMENT: This text assumes that there is a relationship between the
> service provider and consumer in which they would undertake a
> discussion of the design of a service, and collaborate on its
> reengineering. This may sometimes be the case, but I would assert that
> most often it would not, as (a) the service consumer and provider may
> not even have any sort of relationship other than both being
> "reachable" from the WWW, and (b) even if so, the service consumer may
> not participate in any sort of discussion/reengineering unless perhaps
> the service was being created for the service consumer as part of a
> project.
>

> Kind Regards,
> Joseph Chiusano
> Booz Allen Hamilton
> Visit us online@ http://www.boozallen.com <http://www.boozallen.com/>

Chair - OASIS Service Oriented Architecture Reference Model Technical Committee -
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=soa-rm
Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html