Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Good Recent SOA Piece: "Managing an XML Data Model In Your SOA - Best Practices"

Title: RE: [soa-rm] Good Recent SOA Piece: "Managing an XML Data Model In Your SOA - Best Practices"
<Quote>
I agree with Ken. We cannot define an *still* higher level of abstraction that contains all other data models in existence
</Quote>

I, too, agree with that notion. Again, that was not the author's intent, as can be seen from the 6-layer hierarchy in the article (the type of data model that you reference is lower in the stack).

<Quote>
I also agree that these interfaces should not specify exchange vocabulary.

</Quote>

Is that the equivalent of saying that a WSDL document should not have a "types" section (i.e. the XML schema that defines the data requirements for the exchange)? Or did you mean something different?

I recommend that qualify our use of the term "data model" (very overloaded) in our spec to refer to a *canonical* data model.