Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Good Recent SOA Piece:"Managing an XML Data Model In Your SOA - Best Practices"

Sally:

Good catch.  Ajay is a voting member of this group and I am sure he can
submit them to the member submissions area.

While we didn't take on the gist of the work due to the fact it was very
concrete, the abstract concept of identity is probably at least worth a
discussion at some point.  Assuming that SOA is a set of patterns
implementable across multiple, unknown environments, there is probably a
section in the service description that should be able to make some sort
of identity declaration and/or present credentials.

If anyone wants to get into this now, perhaps we should rename the
thread to "Identity".

Duane

Sally St. Amand wrote:

> Having just read this blog I need to ask if the "identity"
> presentation (made at the F2F) you spoke of on Wed's call related to
> this same point? I was not at the F2F. Did the presenter provide a
> copy of the slides?
>
> John Harby <jharby@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     This is an excellent blog entry from Phil:
>
>     http://www.looselycoupled.com/blog/lc00aa00096.html
>
>     On 5/6/05, Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>     > Forwarding a good recent SOA piece[1] for those interested in
>     reading it.
>     > Covers the notion of an integrated data model as a foundational
>     concept;
>     > also presents a 6-layer approach to SOA (about mid-article).
>     >
>     > Joe
>     >
>     > [1] http://www.tdan.com/i032ht02.htm
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Joseph Chiusano
>     >
>     > Booz Allen Hamilton
>     >
>     > Visit us online@ http://www.boozallen.com
>     >

Chair - OASIS Service Oriented Architecture Reference Model Technical Committee -
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=soa-rm
Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html