Subject: Commenting and Policy on contrubutions

A quick rant.....

Given the email exchanges this morning by Joseph and others, I want to
set the record straight.

1. This TC has never set a policy or made any decision to stop allowing
contributions as Joseph stated.  It is simply not true. We have not and
cannot adopt this policy as chartered and in alignment with the spirit
and intent of OASIS as an organization.

2. The editors are also not the authors of the document.  We (the TC
members) are all collectively the authors.  The editors difficult task
is to be present at the meetings and review all the discussions then
capture the consensus amongst the TC members.  This is not always done
perfectly and is a very difficult and thankless job.  The editors all
feel very strongly that they can rework the placeholder words in the
editors draft to reflect the true consensus of the TC based on the
meetings.

3. The editors have not presented anything for us to comment on at
present other than section 2.2. The editing team has asked that we do
not make comments on specific text in the editors draft that is slated
for replacement.  They also have enough work on their plates and cannot
accept it.  Much of the text in the editors draft is already slated for
replacement.  Please respect that since it makes no sense to waste
peoples time commenting of sections that are already deprecated.  A lot
of the text in the editors draft (not the TC's draft at this point) is
only there to capture references of placeholder ideas.  .  I am
confident that they can, then we can collectively review the document.

4. Please be assured there will be plenty of time to comment on the
entire document.  The TC process is open and allows each and every
member or observer to make contributions, critiques etc.  I guarantee
that there will be no situation where any TC member

I also want to thank the editing team for taking on this immense task.
We are very blessed in this TC with so many who are willing to
contribute so much.  I am very thankful for this.

Finally - thank you all for your continued debate, contributions, deep
analytical thinking and progress.  I feel we are well on the road to our
goals.

Chair - OASIS Service Oriented Architecture Reference Model Technical Committee -
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=soa-rm
Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html