Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Good Recent SOA Piece: "Managing an XML Data Model In Your SOA - Best Practices"

Indeed, a great quote.  Let us realize we are dealing with some fundamental
differences in the way we do business and while I wouldn't throw away
everything we've done before, we must realize that some things that didn't
work well before will perform even more miserably now.

Ken

At 12:53 PM 5/9/2005, Frank McCabe wrote:
>I like this quote:
>
><quote>
>The move to SOA is forcing us to confront topics like identity and
>semantics, because the boundaries that previously existed between
>separate pools of trust and meaning are dissolving. This has far- reaching
>consequences for the way we organize and consume computing.
></quote>
>
>Now, who can I beat over the head with this?
>
>Frank
>
>On May 8, 2005, at 6:09 PM, Sally St. Amand wrote:
>
>>Having just read this blog I need to ask if the "identity"
>>presentation (made at the F2F) you spoke of on Wed's call related
>>to this same point? I was not at the F2F. Did the presenter provide
>>a copy of the slides?
>>
>>John Harby <jharby@gmail.com> wrote: This is an excellent blog
>>entry from Phil:
>>
>>http://www.looselycoupled.com/blog/lc00aa00096.html
>>
>>On 5/6/05, Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>> > Forwarding a good recent SOA piece[1] for those interested in
>>reading it.
>> > Covers the notion of an integrated data model as a foundational
>>concept;
>> > also presents a 6-layer approach to SOA (about mid-article).
>> >
>> > Joe
>> >
>> > [1] http://www.tdan.com/i032ht02.htm
>> >

>> > Joseph Chiusano
>> >
>> > Booz Allen Hamilton
>> >
>> > Visit us online@ http://www.boozallen.com

   /   Ken
Laskey                                                                \
  |    MITRE Corporation, M/S H305    phone:  703-983-7934   |
  |    7515 Colshire Drive                    fax:      703-983-1379   |
   \   McLean VA 22102-7508                                              /

*** note: phone number changed 4/15/2005 to 703-983-7934 ***