Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Identity

This is a tiny hole on top of a vast underground cavern: just because
the hole in the ground is small does not mean that the cavern is also
tiny.

A url is a bag of bits; it is not an appropriate tool to carry the
multifarious concept of identity.

You cannot separate identity from context -- what is being resolved
by the identity. E.g., a URL might be sufficient to know that the
site represents the Expedia company. However, you would probably not
accept such a token if they were using it to buy something from you
-- you would want something that a bank would understand.

Interestingly, it is the context -- CC transaction or http request --
that defines what is meant by identity. This generalizes all the way
to people's names and even what it means to be human.

There is a ton of stuff more to be said on this ...

Frank