Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Reference Model vs. Reference Architecture (Road Map)

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> Thanks Matt - this is the one part I am still unclear about:
>
> <Quote>
> and a trained practitioner knows how to arrange the concepts on her
> canvas to draw the picture.
> </Quote>
>
> Since we are effectively defining here the contents of a pallette,
> when the painter uses those contents, will the picture that they
> produce be the equivalent of an architecture for a service-oriented
> system? It seems that we are saying it would be the equivalent of a
> reference architecture.

So maybe my analogy could be better.  Without cranking out a diagram,
here is a useful illustration.

Reference Model -> Reference Architecture -> Architecture
RM is: Abstract -> RA is: Much less abstract -> A is: Concrete
Services, Discovery, Semantics, ... -> SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, ... ->
POService, http://myuddi, http://myuddi/.../po.wsdl