Subject: Re: [soa-rm] [issue:structure] draft 07, sect 2, line 201, Figure 2-1

Frank:

Comments inline.  I am not 100% happy with it either.

Francis McCabe wrote:

> While I like the direction in which this is going, I have a couple of
> issues:
>
> 1. I do not see semantics as being inside service description.
> Semantics is an abstract concept that may be referred to but is not
> contained in any description.

DN - full agree.  Semantics are present everywhere and abstract.  As
soon as something happens, human beings put a meaning to it.  One aspect
to consider is that someone could require a token (UDEF??) to be
included in a description that referenced a semantic entity.

> 2. I am not sure why data model is broken out in the way suggested.
> To me, tehe data model is an asepct of the semantics of the service.

N - also agree. I like the stack better.

> 3. I do not see a hard and fast distinction between syntax and
> semantics. Again, any syntactic constraints are simply part of the
> overall semantics.

I would suggest that we stay with the stack until Gregory submits an
alternative that we can discuss.

Chair - OASIS Service Oriented Architecture Reference Model Technical Committee -
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=soa-rm
Adobe Enterprise Developer Resources  - http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/developer/main.html