Subject: Re: [soa-rm] FYI: BEA SOA Reference Diagram

Frank is right.  We are not writing an SOA, we are building a reference
model.  I would refer all back to my earlier posts on this subject.

Reference models generally avoid any concrete detail, such as showing
two services.  In abstract, there are no multiple concrete  instances of
services.

Case in point - look at the ISO reference model (7 layer stack).  It is
a communication stack.  It's whole purpose is to act as a reference
model for building networks yet it does not show two "things"
communicating.

I am not saying the BEA bits are not useful.  We just need to keep
vigilant in the concepts being abstract.

For those who wish to work on a SOA Reference Architecture, this is
probably a logical next sub project once the RM is complete.

Duane