Subject: RE: [soa-rm] FYI: BEA SOA Reference Diagram

I believe that having one service and a provider/consumer can constitute
a SOA - perhaps one can consider this a "minimal" or "basic" SOA. Having
said that, I believe that another key question we need to answer for the
RM is what will provide the implementers of this specification the most
value - giving them guidance that will help them (eventually) implement
a "minimal" SOA, or one comprised of more than one service?

Or put another way, will more SOA's in the world be comprised of only a
single service, or multiple services? Given the answer to that question
(whichever it may be, but I have my own hunch;), should we try to reach
the broadest audience possible for our work? Or only the minimal
audience?