Subject: Re: [soa-rm] [issue:structure] draft 07, sect 2, line 201, Figure 2-1

For the record, I do not like this diagram.

The correct relationship between a description of a service and the
things described is one of reference not containment.

The ontology/resource triangle may be relevant here:

symbol <---> image <---> thing

A description is an image, a URL is a symbol and the semantics (or
whatever) is the thing. Things cannot be sent down wires,
descriptions can.

Frank