Subject: Re: [soa-rm] another possible SOA diagram (revised)

The comments I made about Core6RM(KJL).pdf apply to Core8RM(JKL).pdf.
Namely, "Service Interface" is a concretization of the constraints
appearing in "Contract". As such it is too concrete for a reference
model.

Also, an SOA should not allow access to resources without going
through a service. For this reason, you would not want to indicate
this possibility on a diagram which is intended to illucidate the
concept of an SOA.

-- Greg

Ken Laskey wrote:
> Chris,
>
> My apologies for the sloppy drawing but I was in a meeting and trying to
> answer quickly.  Please see the attached for something closer to what I
> intended.  It was still done quickly, so please don't read too much into
> the details of the dependency lines.
>
> Ken
>
> At 11:49 AM 5/23/2005, Christopher Bashioum wrote:
>
>> Ken,
>>
>> I would have expected the service interface and the resource to be
>> smaller
>> boxes inside of the service box.  It looks funny to have the service
>> off to
>> the left, and the service interface and resource on top.

G.A. Kohring
C&C Research Laboratories, NEC Europe Ltd.