Subject: Re: [soa-rm] another possible SOA diagram (revised)

Again, this came out of the metadata analysis for a DoD SOA.  I wasn't
intending to make this WS-specific but that could easily leak in.  Anyway,
whether Web services or not, you ask a data resource a question and it
gives you an answer; you ask a processing resource to do something and it
tells you what it did.  Many services will make use of both types of
resources when fulfilling a function.  (And how complicated does the
function have to be to consider the service as an intermediary
resource?)  The distinction was useful in the metadata analysis context and
we can see if it provides value here.

Ken