Subject: Re: [soa-rm] David Linthicum Says: "ESB versus Fabric.Stop It!"

I am not sure I understand what you are driving at here.

Each and every service should be constructed according to the
principles of an SOA. (And it is exactly those principles which
we are trying to elucidate in this TC.)  At present, most of the
b2c business models consider selling solitary services to the
consumer; i.e., their world view consists of a single service
and multiple consumers.  By constructing their service using
SOA principles, they enable someone (hopefully themselves) to
build, at a later date, new services on top of the existing service.

Now, would you not consider the system consisting of the one initial
service plus the many consumers an SOA?  Why would you wait for
the emergence of the second service before calling it an SOA?
If the first service was constructed correctly, the potential for
adding additional services is clearly given, yet you would not
consider this an SOA until that potential was realized?

Perhaps I have misunderstood what it is you are trying to say?

-- Greg