Subject: Re: [soa-rm] David Linthicum Says: "ESB versus Fabric.Stop It!"

Google?

Osi Reference Model is probably the most famous.

1. Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model:

    * Layer 7—Application
    * Layer 6—Presentation
    * Layer 5—Session
    * Layer 4—Transport
    * Layer 3—Network
    * Layer 2—Data link
    * Layer 1—Physical

2. The workflow reference model (look at Figure 1)

http://www.wfmc.org/standards/docs/tc003v11.pdf

There are several others you can reach with Google

http://ssdoo.gsfc.nasa.gov/nost/wwwclassic/documents/pdf/CCSDS-650.0-B-1.pdf
http://ssdoo.gsfc.nasa.gov/nost/isoas/ref_model.html
http://www.isotopicmaps.org/tmrm/
http://earthref.org/GERM/index.html?main.htm

This one I really like:
http://www.digitalearth.gov/derm/v05/index.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/egov/a-2-prm.html

Interesting enough - our TC comes up several times in the top ten
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=reference+model&num=10&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=osi&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images
when you exclude the phrase "OSI"

Duane