Subject: Re: [soa-rm] David Linthicum Says: "ESB versus Fabric.Stop It!"

The 07 draft says that there is probably not 100% opacity and what is
exposed as metadata (a mechanism for diluting opacity) depends very
much on what consumers need to know to determine that a given service
is appropriate for their needs.  That a single service is an
orchestration of several services is not likely to be exposed but may
be inferred by such things as quality of service attributes.

Ken

On May 25, 2005, at 1:41 PM, McGregor.Wesley@tbs-sct.gc.ca wrote:

> A service will declare, define and describe its (level of) opacity via
> its policy.
>
> I think the definition of opacity is now including the ability of a
> service to be combined with others which to me is not opacity.
>
> Perhaps a new metadata tag such as "aggregation" is more appropriate?
>
> Wes

Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379