Subject: Re: [soa-rm] David Linthicum Says: "ESB versus Fabric.Stop It!"

Thoughts on this:

Ken Laskey wrote:

> The 07 draft says that there is probably not 100% opacity and what is
> exposed as metadata (a mechanism for diluting opacity) depends very
> much on what consumers need to know to determine that a given service
> is appropriate for their needs.

After reading many of the threads  y'all have sent, I am now thinking
that a better axiom may be to state that a service is autonmous in its
ability to control its level of opacity (do not think of a concrete
service - just the abstract concept).

>   That a single service is an  orchestration of several services is
> not likely to be exposed but may  be inferred by such things as
> quality of service attributes.

If you are referring to sectio 2.1.1, it is really more of when a
service is a composite of two other services (or perhaps aggregation is
a better term given the UML meaning).