Subject: Re: [soa-rm] What is SOA (Really???)

Thanks, Duane,

Just for the record, this is without doubt the most active TC
discussion I have ever been involved with, and also has had more
reference and research materials submitted as well. Considering the
huge volume of all this in WSRP from its beginnings in January 2002,
that is really saying something. It is challenge at times, just
keeping up with the threads. Take a day off and you're half a day
behind just to read and respond to the email.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that, under these
circumstances, even a much less aggressive set of milestones would be
likely to slide a bit. Frankly, by this time in the lifecycle of a
TC, I would have expected to see a fall off, and I haven't seen that
yet. This is all good. But we just need to mindful that sometimes it
is also helpful to take a step back and ponder for a while, and that
is what I am doing in response to Martin's post a bit earlier.

I've been through several of these Socratic pursuits, usually along
the lines of, "Yeah, that's all great but where is the killer app? or
"Granted, but what is the next big thing?" FWIW. for me, this was the
next big thing, and it is a lot bigger than the top of iceberg  had
me believe.  So we also need to bear in mind that just because
someone is not responding immediately, doesn't necessarily imply
anything

Thanks again,
Rex

--