Subject: RE: [soa-rm] David Linthicum Says: "ESB versus Fabric.Stop It!"

But surely if your service offer includes a better SLA, faster response
time, better quality of result, etc. it is not a duplication of a service
but a different service: it may however use the same resources, and that is
a different issue...

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: 26 May 2005 02:44
To: SOA-RM

On May 25, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> [...]

This gets into the hairy realm of governance.  I could argue that you should
not be funded to develop a service because I provide adequate functionality.
However, you may respond that my quality of service stinks and you'll do
better.  On the other hand, I want to extend the functionality of your
service but to do that I will be duplicating everything you can do.

This goes on and on.

-1

Ken

> Kind Regards,
> Joseph Chiusano
> Booz Allen Hamilton
> Visit us online@ http://www.boozallen.com
>
>> Duane

Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379