Subject: Re: [soa-rm] What is SOA (Really???)

Vikas:

Unfortunately, such is not the goal of a reference model. In order that
we be the microcosm of SOA understanding, we have to put a stick in the
ground a say "this is SOA, expressed as a reference model", then show
the industry how they can use the RM to develop their own SOA's. Simply
stating that SOA can be anything does not add much value IMO.

We are here to answer these questions:

What is SOA?
How do we express it abstract of any implementation detail?
What are the main components of SOA and the relationship amongst them?
What are there externally visible properties?
Why is SOA unique? is it unique?

The creativity is still allowed by those who create service oriented
architecture. There are lots of decisions one can make WRT each
component. For example -one can use broadcast or multi-cast models for
announcing the availability of services or they could use the registry
publish-subscribe model.

Those architectures are what SOA can be, not the RM. Rm is abstract, it
doesn't 'exist' or 'be'. The reference model is the definitive model
from which architecture is derived.

Duane