Subject: More on the Diagrams

Hi Folks,

I decided to go ahead  and build one of my presentation type
diagrams,since I will inevitably do so and waiting until we have
finalized the RM will not allow me to use it in the interim. The fact
is I need to add it to my explanations of SOA and the presentations I
have built over the last two years, so here it is as far as I can
take it now, reflecting my own opinion. While I am willing to donate
it to the TC according to the OASIS guidelines, I am hereby giving
the chair official notice that my copyright rides along, free of
charge only to the TC for use in the RM, and that I am willing to
make reciprocal agreements with any company or individual
(independent) OASIS member for royalty-free use of my materials
between that organization and Humanmarkup.org, Inc., the non-profit I
represent and to which I am donating this work for this purpose. I am
also including a sister diagrams that reflects how I see this diagram
of RM fitting into the Web Services Stack and the OSI Model. Please
note that I represent the overlap of OSI layers by repeating the
Application Layer. The diagram titled SOA-RM Infrastructure reflects
my interpretation of Ken Laskey's diagram but with Service
Description subsumed in the Registry/Repository-SOA RM Central Stack.
I wanted to show that the Resources and Service Consumers connect to
the common infrastructure of the Internet with Intranets considered
as part and parcel of that backbone, while Services aggregate and
coordinate those resources through the central registry model.

Ciao,
Rex

P.S. I leave the Mind-Map to those more familiar with it, since I am
more familiar with the task of explaining and building graphics to
aid that.
--
Rex Brooks
President, CEO