Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Send wrong file--More on the Diagrams

Title: Re: [soa-rm] Send wrong file--More on the Diagrams
Hi Matt,

You might want to reread the message that preceded this one since that is where I explained both what you called "Marketecture" and the copyright, before I noticed that I had sent the wrong version of this particular image file in the group of three attachments with that message. http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-rm/email/archives/200505/msg00908.html

I should also let you know that I have served in various TCs as chair, co chair, secretary, and editor, so I have some idea of what is appropriate under what conditions and why. I offered these materials and specifically mentioned the copyright since we are obliged, if we choose to offer materials even for educational or presentational purposes such as these were, to disclose any copyright and usage claims we have for them. We are not prevented from offering them. We are required to disclose IPR, and that is what I have done.

I do, however, understand and share a distaste for blatant self-promotion on lists, though I do qualify that as blatant, since promoting our mutual interests (which includes reasonable self-interest) is the reason why we engage in developing standards.

To be more specific, I submit these materials for the purpose of aiding in making our concepts better understood.

Cheers,
Rex