Subject: Re: [soa-rm] New Name of Current Spec (Was RE: [soa-rm] Groups - SOA RM Meeting Minutes June 01, 2005 (Meeting Minutes June 01, 2005[1].doc) uploaded)

So, the message that I got was that the ballot itself was dead, not
the debate behind it.

I also certainly do not believe that the debate between 'service
orientation' and 'service oriented' is over.

I do think that there is some confusion/question about what a
reference model is. My take is that it is something akin to OMG's
MDA: a set of concepts that come together to enable one to capture
the key essence of an architecture.

The trouble with polarizing debates is that people get emotional, and
evolution is confused with 'backing down'. That is why I do think it
is helpful to paint everyone into two camps. I for one, do not fit
into any camp all that comfortably (never have).

Frank