Subject: RE: [soa-rm] FW: [ontolog-forum] Invitation to the June 13 Data Reference Model Public Forum at MITRE - no fee, pls RSVP

Title: [soa-rm] FW: [ontolog-forum] Invitation to the June 13 Data Reference Model Public Forum at MITRE - no fee, pls RSVP
Thanks Peter. If anyone has questions about the US federal government's Data Reference Model (DRM) initiative described below, please let me know. I am co-editor of one of the volumes (Overview), and am working closely with Mike Daconta (US Department of Homeland Security Metadata Program Manager) on defining the DRM framework that I will be presenting along with him at this workshop.I am also teaching the DRM Monday at the FEA Certification Institute (FEAC) here in the DC area.

The DRM is the 5th reference model of the US federal government's Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA).

For those interested in more information on the DRM, the first version of the Overview was released in October 2004[1]. The current initiative is advancing the work that was done for this volume.

Joe

[1] http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/egov/documents/fea-drm1.PDF

From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@justbrown.net]
Sent: Sat 6/4/2005 6:37 PM
To: 'SOA-RM'

FYI:
For those looking for other RMs...

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: ontolog-forum-bounces@ontolog.cim3.net
[mailto:ontolog-forum-bounces@ontolog.cim3.net] On Behalf Of
susan.turnbull@gsa.gov
Sent: 23 May 2005 20:53
To: sicop-forum@colab.cim3.net; geo-forum@colab.cim3.net;
ontac-forum@colab.cim3.net; nics-forum@colab.cim3.net;
nics-convene@sine.cim3.net; ontolog-forum@ontolog.cim3.net
Subject: [ontolog-forum] Invitation to the June 13 Data Reference Model
Public Forum at MITRE - no fee, pls RSVP

Greetings!

You and your colleagues are invited to the First Quarterly Data Reference
Model Public Forum in conjunction with the Sixth Emerging Components
Conference on Monday, June 13, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. at The MITRE
Corporation, McLean, Virginia, MITRE-1 Building Auditorium, 7515 Colshire
Drive, McLean, VA.

We'll be exploring the emerging role and future implications of the Data
Reference Model for information sharing, re-use, and integration of
strategic information assets in support of the President's Management
Agenda.   The forum will serve to build capacity for shared understanding
and governance around new mission responsibilities during the transitional
period to "net-centric" methods and federated data stewardship.  Join the
dialogue on how to accelerate agreements around stable and fluid
representations of complex information, conducive to collaboration around
the myriad challenges facing our nation.  Please RSVP to
Renee.hughes@gsa.gov by  June 6, if you plan to join us.   Workshop agenda,
and venue logistics are at:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DataReferenceModelPublicForum_2005_06_
13

Best Regards,
Susan

Susan B. Turnbull
Co-Chair, Emerging Technology SC,
Architecture and Infastructure Committee(AIC), and AIC Representative to the
DRM WG Senior Program Advisor, Office of Intergovernmental Solutions US
General Services Administration p 202.501.6214 susan.turnbull@gsa.gov
www.gsa.gov/intergov