Subject: Re: [soa-rm] New Name of Current Spec (Was RE: [soa-rm] Groups - SOARM Meeting Minutes June 01, 2005 (Meeting Minutes June 01,2005[1].doc) uploaded)

On 6-Jun-05, at 4:08 PM, Duane Nickull wrote:

Hello all:

I am back from vacation and in the process of catching up.  Thanks for keeping the fire going ;-)

I have a few clarification requests.
1. In the minutes, it is suggested that the TC Chair play "cop" more often during conference calls and some discussion about IRC.  Does this mean with or without IRC?  I can rise to that duty verbally and it is probably a good idea for each speaker to be recognized by the chair.

We started following the convention of speakers "asking" the chair to be recognized, and the chair managing a queue himself when required.  Speakers typically would discreetly indicate that they wish to speak, and it worked out extremely well.  Jamie made an excellent argument about IRC and web based methods of queueing not being democratic, as they assume access to a computer for all calls.

-matt