Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Service Consumer in RM or not?

Matt,

Sorry to wear on your patience - just participating as a member of a TC
and trying to understand concepts that I frankly don't understand,
that's all. I think the lack of a service consumer in a SOA Reference
Architecture (and also, IMO, a SOA Reference Model) is a serious hole. I
think that using the rationale that I believe you are using (if I
understand correctly), one may also say - for example - why is a service
description necessary, shouldn't it be assumed? Or why is a service
contract necessary, etc.

I realize that this is subjective and you may disagree with it - and I
respect that - but that has to do with folks in general coming from
different backgrounds, different experiences, different histories, etc.
- and such diversity makes for a great TC, I think.

So this IMO is a serious hole. I realize that this may make you
impatient, but I am here to express my opinion as a member of the TC.

I am also just speaking for myself, as there may not be even one other
single individual in the TC that believes that excluding a service
consumer from a SOA RM and/or a SOA RA is incorrect in their view.

Kind Regards,