Subject: Feedback on Latest Issues List

Here is my feedback on PDs for issues 6-28 (all mine). This is for the version sent 6/17, archived at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/soa-rm/200506/msg00167.html. I will send another e-mail soon (Mon/Tues) with another group - this is all I had a chance for right now.

Please note: My stating "issue closed" or "issue still open" below is not meant to be controversial - rather, it is my way of ensuring that I communciate 100% clearly what I believe the status of the issue to be so that no one comes back later if I have comments on text and says "you should not have stated that the issue was closed". Many of the "issue still open" below are because the PD stated that additional text need to be added or existing text updated, but the new/updated text was not provided. My assumption here is that we cannot consider an issue closed if the new/updated text is not provided.

If our procedures are such that an issue can be closed if new/updated text is not provided in the PD, and the new/updated text can be commented on when it is added (and a new issue created then if necessary), then please consider feedback below of "Concur with PD, exact wording still pending - issue still open." to mean that the issue should then be closed.

Clear as mud? For me too.;)

Here they are:

ISSUE 6: Concur with PD - issue closed.

ISSUE 7: Recommend removing entire paragraph, which is consistent with there the PD was heading (details probably not appropriate for an RM, as they are too implementation-specific). This recommend should be clarified with editor before closing issue.

ISSUE 9: Concur with PD, exact wording still pending - issue still open.

ISSUE 10: Concur with PD - issue closed.

ISSUE 11: PD indicates further action needed on this - issue still open.
ISSUE 12: Concur with PD's suggestion of referencing the definition of context provided as PD for issue #105. However, may have minor comments on Issue #105's definition - will provide later for Issue 105. Issue 12 is closed.

ISSUE 13: PD indicates further action needed on this - issue still open.

ISSUE 14: Concur with PD, exact wording still pending - issue still open.

ISSUE 15: Do not concur with PD. Believe we should still provide a "lighter" example that is not related to supersonic jet speeds and flow dynamics, for maximum possible chance of reader comprehension. Issue still open.

ISSUE 16: Concur with PD, exact wording still pending - issue still open.

ISSUE 17: PD refered to an invalid issue # (07-01). Need proper reference - issue still open.

ISSUE 18: Concur with PD, exact wording still pending - issue still open.

ISSUE 19: Concur with PD - issue closed.

ISSUE 21: Do not concur with PD, as it did not not address the comment which was that we should clarify what we mean by "standard, reference-able format". For example, do we mean data exchange format (XML, EDI, etc.)? Do we mean a data standard that is created by a community of interest (COI), regardless of whether it is expressed in XML, EDI, etc. (or multiple formats)? Issue still open.

ISSUE 22: Concur with PD - issue closed.

ISSUE 23: Do not concur with PD, as I am not certain why we are talking about resources here rather than services. Perhaps we need a section on resources and their relation to services, if that is pertinent for our work. Issue still open.

ISSUE 26: Concur with PD, exact wording at cited location in spec still pending - issue still open.

ISSUE 27: Do not concur with PD because do not concur with proposed definition of contract. The proposed definition does not reference the fact that a contract requires 2 or more parties, as it does on line 186 (Service Consumer and service). It is also too close to the definition for policy. There was a link provided to the most recent Semantics section, but providing this did not address the original issue which was for line 186. Issue still open.

ISSUE 28: Concur with PD - issue closed.