Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Definition(s) of "service"

I would view the interface and the action boundary as elements that
partially comprise a service. I would therefore not state that a service
*is* a prescribed interface or *is* an action boundary (to a set of
behaviors). Would a service not represent a set of behaviors within a given
action boundary accessible via a prescribed interface?

Thomas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Behera, Prasanta" <pbehera@visa.com>
To: <soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:05 PM

Ron: "A service is a prescribed interface to a set of behaviors"
Frank: "A service is an abstract action boundary to a set of behaviours"

The difference between the two seems to be "prescribed interface" Vs.
"abstract action boundary" (Skipping the "behaviors" and "behaviours"
debate).

I would lean more towards Ron's suggestion.
Thanks,
/Prasanta