Subject: RE: [soa-rm] [Fwd: I can't post to RM...]

Welcome Steve (you're in for quite a ride on this TC; - just kidding)

First, I am getting a "Cannot open due to error" error when attempting
to open the PPT file - are others getting this as well? (no specific
error description)

Let's start with:

<Quote>
has to START with the concept of Service, where simply put a Service is
a definition of "what" an organisation (or project) does.
</Quote>

I would assert that this is *too* simple and broad a definition. It
would apply to a service-based organization (such as yours and mine),
but not necessarily other types of organizations. I also don't believe
that a service has to be associated with a single organization (except
perhaps that the service provider may be an organization, or individual
for that matter) or project.

<Quote>
Once the service architecture is in place the detailed definition of
services can then begin.
</Quote>

You have no way of knowing this since you're new to the TC, but we are
actually trying to define "service" before we move into the reference
architecture work (or at least be resonably close to having it defined)
- so it's the other way around.

I appreciate your contributions, and look forward to seeing the PPT.

O: 703-902-6923
C: 202-251-0731