Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Future content for Conf calls

I'd also suggest:

- pre-meeting offer should be made to scribe (avoids that embarrasing
foot-shuffling that you can practically hear on call): first offer posted to
the list, gets the job; No proposal: last one to offer gets no dessert or
has to invite whole TC to dinner at next F2F;
- tweaks to the minutes: send a mail to the scribe of the meeting concerned,
copy to list;
- on call: minutes of previous meeting(s) deemed approved without discussion
or decision unless before end of meeting there is an objection (by mail or
point of order);
-reports from liaisons and editors in writing to list before meeting (at
least the key points)
- install webcam on Ken's car so that we can be sure he is actually driving
and keeping his eyes on the road...
- a large dose of common sense: it's great to talk to people on call that
you haven't seen at all or in a while, and to keep things a bit fun, but
bear in mind that time is money (and outside the US and Canada, the call is
costing a buck a minute at least - that's equivalent to my individual OASIS
member fee in three meetings) and that some things really can be dealth with
off line...
- keep the creative flow of the meeting going by allowing overtalk and
interrupts where appropriate but also keep to the point: the "threads" on
call can be worse than on the list: with the quality of the line sometimes
making this all the worse. Duane, you may have to practice being a bit more
ruthless while you're on parental leave... ;-)

All the best, and a glass of champagne in Vienna to the first on the list to
give this a +1 ...

-Peter