Subject: RE: [soa-rm] 08 draft publicly available

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> My understanding is that all drafts are supposed to be publicly
> available, per OASIS policy. But Duane and/or Jamie can confirm for us.

Indeed, Jamie Clark can confirm this, or one can inspect the TC Process.

Not just "all drafts".  OASIS TC Process (2.8) "Visibility" specifies:

"All web pages, documents, ballot results and email archives of all TCs
and SCs shall be publicly visible."

In other words, working in OASIS TCs means transparency, openness,
and visibility to the public.  It's part of accountability and
auditability -- as opposed to some standards venues in which the
public cannot see what's being done, as it's being done in the
back room, by the pay-for-play players: at OASIS, it is generally
pay-to-play [modulo public feedback channels] but NOT pay-to-see.

It's unfortunate [IMO] that the default setting on the Kavi tool
makes it so easy for people to forget to ensure that materials
uploaded into Kavi are accessible at a publicly-visible URI.  What
often gets published in email to the list is a URI like:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-rm/download.php/14353/wd-soa-rm-08.pdf

which the "public" cannot see unless the public-person knows how to
rewrite the URI to:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14353/wd-soa-rm-08.pdf

Hope this helps,

[completely unofficially]

Robin Cover
XML Cover Pages
http://xml.coverpages.org/

PS  Having noted Joe Chiusano's "-08, great job" and remembering that I
had made a public reference to the Semantion FERA-based SOA Information
Model, I wanted to ensure that the SO-RM TC's work was adequately known

... Semantion FERA-based SOA Information Model and its
reference architecture -- "The main components of the FERA reference
architecture are: federates, interfaces, and SOA Federation. Each
participant involved in the collaboration is called a federate. Federates
can be systems or people..."

http://xml.coverpages.org/soa.html#Semantion