Subject: RE: [egov] CAP 1.1 vote down to the wire, needs 7 more votes

Adobe already voted positively for this.  I have personally liked the
concept since its' inception and would encourage others to vote for it
for the sole purpose that the individuals involved deserve to have this
approved as a specification.

Duane Nickull

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:40 PM
To: ihc@lists.oasis-open.org; egov@lists.oasis-open.org;
soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: ejones@warningsystems.com

Hi Folks,

We're at the deadline time again for this next version of CAP, this time
it is CAP 1.1. As of this point we have 40 of the required 47 votes
needed to ratify CAP 1.1.

Still looking for votes from the following companies who have members on
the EM-TC:
E-Team (Voting rep Matt Walton left company but trying to contact
current person that should cast the vote) Honeywell (voting rep:  Roy
Kolasa) Department of Homeland Security (voting rep:  Michael Dacanta)
Oracle (voting rep:  Martin Chapman) HumanMarkup.org (Somehow I got
inadvertently replaced as the voting rep, and I have messages in to our
currently designated rep, as well as an inquiry as to how it is that I
was replaced, for whatever good it will do.) Mitre Corporation (voting
rep: Doraiswamy 'Raj' Rajagopal) Lockeheed Martin (voting rep:  James
Crawford) LMI (voting rep:  Mark Crawford)

If you could contact your rep and see if they can get authorization for
a vote, we would certainly appreciate it, and you might, too, if you're
on the wrong end of the next emergency. As always, getting the votes as
well as encouraging adoption goes along with the job of writing
standards, as those who labored through getting any 1.0 ratified can
attest.

Thanks,
Rex
--