Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Random Thought: Capability-Oriented Architecture (COA)

From reading the SOA-RM doc it appears that Services leverage capabilities
(which could actually be other Services). So COA would be a bounded subset
inside SOA rather than a superset.  This level is where I've been putting
most component architectures recently, so components provide capability
which services combine to deliver business utility.

I have to say though I've certainly seen software that provided more in the
way of INcapability than capability, which could be a gap in the spec :)