Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Reference Architecture

Agreed that the appropriate requirements should be part of the RA. Also
agreed that the requirements could vary in their "concreteness".

To use our housing example, we could have any one of the following
requirements in the RA:
         there has to be an eating area
         the eating area may or may  not have room for dining
         the eating area must have a dining area and either a stove or a
microwave
         the eating area must take up between 10% and 20% of the are of the
floor it is on
         etc.

It almost seems that the RA could be a sort of abstract BNF or some set of
production rules.

That brings up another question. Forgetting about contradictions between
the reference architectures for a moment, could a given concrete
architecture be generated from more than one reference architecture.

For example, a Queen Anne style building originally borrowed from
pre-Georgian and late Medieval style buildings. It eventually developed
into a pastiche of various influences.

Michael