Subject: [soa-ra] Notes from telcon on 2/1/06

Since this was not an official formal meeting, we did not take formal
official minutes :)

However, a summary of the results of the meeting is:

Attendees:

Theo Beack
Duane Nickull
Joe Chiusano
Michael Stiefel
Al Brown
Danny Thornton
Greg Kohring
Ken Laskey
Jeff Estefan
Frank McCabe

The name of the new committee will be: The OASIS Service Oriented
Architecture Reference Architecture Sub-TC

The purpose will be: To develop one or more Reference Architectures
for SOA based on the current SOA RM (versions 1 and later as
appropriate).

The deliverables will be: One or more specification documents
containing descriptions of the Reference Architecture(s).

The chair will be: Frank McCabe

Process:

We will use an official OASIS email list, together with a WIKI and a
folder in KAVI for documents and other artifacts associated with the
work.
We will have regular telephone conferences, alternating with the SOA
RM TC every other week. (I.e. every other Wednesday, on those weeks
where the SOA RM TC is not meeting)

Technical Discussions:

There was a wide ranging discussion about many topics; including
issues about the scope of the RA, whether it includes POA, BPM etc.
how concrete it should be, whether issues involving migration from
stovepipe systems to service markets was included, and so on.

There was some thought about what an Reference Architecture actually
is. This will probably evolve some, but in essence it seems that it
is an architectural design pattern; with, of course, a focus for us
on architecting SOAs.

We will need to evolve a set of requirements. This process will be
critical in determining if we need more than one RA.