Subject: [soa-rm] thoughts on 1 March telecom minutes

I really resonate with the quote attributed to Frank:

Infrastructure has a set of requirements at the bottom of the RA.  A
metric for the right level of abstraction is to identify points of
management, points of action, points of decision, etc. and say this
is where the requirement management shows up in the abstract architecture.

I think the RA Topic List

RA Topic List: Interoperability, life cycle, standards, policy,
management, security, QoS, realization, capabilities, discovery,
interaction, service composition, configuration (part of management),
resources, description, information model, management of meta data,
versioning, deployment

is a set of requirements on an RA and the purpose of an RA (and more
detailed architectures) is to show how you satisfy those
requirements.  So we appreciate the need for life cycle and the
question of the architecture is how does it support life cycle
concept.  The RA should not itself define life cycle beyond what is
necessary to describe the requirement being satisfied.

   /   Ken
Laskey                                                                \
  |    MITRE Corporation, M/S H305    phone:  703-983-7934   |
  |    7515 Colshire Drive                    fax:      703-983-1379   |
   \   McLean VA 22102-7508                                              /