Subject: Presentation on SOA-RM This Wed. in Washington DC (FOSE 2006)

This is especially for those in the Washington DC area, and for general knowledge for all others:

I will be presenting on our reference model at the "FOSE 2006[1]" conference in Washington DC this Wed, 3/8/06, 2-2:45pm at the Washington Convention Center (Rebekah will not be able to join me do a scheduling conflict). This was just determined today, as there was an open slot due to a scheduling conflict, and so it is not yet listed on the program as of this e-mail. It will be very similar to the presentation that Rebekah and I gave in January, with some additional information on our SOA-RM-RA efforts. I especially included the SOA-RM/DRM mapping because I am presenting on the DRM at the same conference on Thursday.:)

Below I have included the abstract that I have written, in case anyone would like to leverage any of it for their own presentation purposes in the future:

<Abstract>

“Introducing The OASIS Service-Oriented Architecture Reference Model (SOA-RM): A Foundation and Common Vocabulary for SOA”

Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) has become a prominent paradigm for architecting systems and processes in a manner that leads to greater business agility, more flexible processes, enhanced interoperability between applications and systems – and therefore reduced costs. However, the notion of “what exactly is SOA” has remained elusive over the past several years due to a myriad of definitions and viewpoints across vendors, industries, and initiatives. The goal of the OASIS Service-Oriented Architecture Reference Model (SOA-RM) is to remedy this situation by providing a common vocabulary and representation for expressing SOA and its constituent facets to guide the definition, development and implementation of service-oriented systems and processes, as well as facilitate greater interoperability between those that already exist. The OASIS Service-Oriented Architecture Reference Model (SOA-RM) technical committee recently released its first Committee Draft for OASIS public review.

This presentation will provide an introduction to SOA, along with an overview of OASIS SOA-RM. A mapping to the FEA Data Reference Model (DRM) will also be presented, to demonstrate the distinct synergies between the two reference models.

</Abstract>

[1] http://www.fose.com/

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano