Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Greater SOA-RM Visibility is Needed!

Having faced this same challenge several times now, I will see if
there is a good opportunity to speak about leveraging the new Federal
CIO Council-sponsored SOA Community of Practice (SOACoP), and nudging
that group to look seriously at our work. Actually, we have a few
strategies we can choose from, and I will also be doing a follow-up
report about our work as an extension of a large series of reports I
did in DM Review last year on Enterprise Architecture (EA) and SOA.
The first conference on SOA for E-Government sponsored by the SOACoP
has already issued a Call for Papers/Presentations and a couple of us
have said we would be answering that call. Joe Chiusano has already
done some similar work which captures our efforts and I am sure there
will be more.

It is more a case of just plugging away at it until it becomes
unavoidable, especially by those who have a good reason to avoid
us.Those are the ensemble of companies whose efforts are both
proprietary and wrapped around either the "Enterprise Service Bus"
concept or the "Service-Oriented Architecture Fabric" idea. While in
reality, both are variations on the same theme as the RM, they and
their ilk seek to "own" the concept, but I doubt that they can do
much more than muddy the waters.

Regards,
Rex

--