Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Proposed resolution for issue 509

I'd go for the glossary option in order to disambiguate

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank McCabe [mailto:frank.mccabe@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: 10 April 2006 06:58
To: SOA-RM
Subject: [soa-rm] Proposed resolution for issue 509

The issue reads: "What do you mean by function?"

Function, of course, has a mathematical definition. However, we use the term
in the RM to refer to an operational capability: something that can have a
real world effect if it is applied.

Proposed resolution:

Either no change to text on the basis that function is a commonly understood
term in the industry and we do not believe we are using it differently.

Or, add a glossary entry:

Function: an operational capability that when activated will result in a
real world effect.