Subject: RE: [soa-rm] resolution for 513

I concur with Duane's email "We show only the "relationship" between standards and the RM, but the standards are not part of the RM itself."    I presume Peter's words are a response to comment and not updates to the text itself.  Perhaps we can echo words from the comment into the response (see below)

"The document states that the Reference Model 'is an abstract framework that enables the development of specific architectures using consistent standards or specifications supporting that environment' (lines 9-11). Standards are thus important in developing specific architectures and it is the role of the Reference Model to provide the vocabulary and common understanding of SOA to enable this development.  For example, the development of specific architectures that standardize and formalize inter-application communication and reduce dependencies on specific vendors becomes possible. Nonetheless, we do illustrate the relationship with standards in Figure 1 (line 61)"

Rebekah

Rebekah Metz

Associate

Booz Allen Hamilton