Subject: Proposed Resolution For Issue #525

<Issue>
My goal is to create an OWL ontology for SOA-RM to be considered as an upper ontology for different architectures guided by SOA-RM. The reason is to provide semantic interoperability between these architectures and their implementations (instances), once they are SOA-RM based.
I found it hard to create such ontology with the current version of SOA-RM, because I couldn’t find detailed and consistent relationships between the concepts that compose SOA-RM.
For now, as a draft ontology, I came up with my own relationship definitions (verb names), but I’m afraid that they may not confirm the abstraction of the original RM.
So, I hope the SOA-RM TC help in defining such coherent and consistent relationships.
</Issue>

The submitter and I discussed this at the recent OMG conference, and I asked him to submit a public comment for it. Should this be for a future version perhaps? Or would we have time/desire to label relationships at this point? If the latter, he can simply use an OWL relationship name of "relates-to" for now (which limits the reasoning capabilities of course:), or create them and submit them for future consideration.

FWIW, the same idea would apply to properties.

Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005